Sunday, December 24, 2006

Last Minute Shopping At The Fetus

random
As I headed to Wisconsin this morning for the holiday weekend, I had to make one last stop to finish my Christmas shopping. I figured a CD would be a good gift and The Electric Fetus is not only a good shopping option, but it is near my home. I was worried I would be stuck with a myriad of last minute shoppers like myself, so I tried to make it by 9 am when the stored opened. As I arrived at the Fetus close to 10 am (behind schedule as usual), I was surprised to be able to easily find a parking spot. I did my Christmas shopping, leaving with an extra CD or two for myself, and found the parking lot and street much fuller as I left. Perhaps people thought the store opened at 10 am. My friend George pointed out it could be a sign of the economy. I did find this article about local music stores completing with music downloads. The article points out The Fetus does keep up:

“At the Electric Fetus' original Minneapolis location, several new Mix & Burn stations are being installed this week -- electronic stands where customers can sample entire albums and/or compile their own unique CDs.”

I’ve always liked the store and am especially please it could help me easily complete my Christmas shopping at the last minute this year.

runnings
Once again, a small town is great for after dark running. I've had a hard time getting out for runs at noon lately and I don't like to run outside after dark in Minneapolis. Even though I made my parents around noon today, my afternoon nap put my run off until dark. But in a town of 2,500, I'll throw caution to the wind and go out in the dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home