Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Minneapolis Arts Facts

random
Some fun arts facts from Minneapolis Arts Explosion:

More than 57 museums in the Minneapolis area.
More theater seats per capita than any other city besides New York.
The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden is one of the largest urban sculpture gardens in the country.
Home to the country’s oldest continuously running theater – Old Log Theater (one of Mom and Dad’s favorites).
Minneapolis has the 4th most active jazz scene in the country.
The Minnesota Opera is now the 16th largest opera company in the nation with an annual budget of almost $7 million.

runnings
After sitting out the single digits the past couple days, I got out for a run today. The wind chill was in the teens I think and I noticed. It made the $100 pair of running pants I saw the Running Room over the weekend almost seem worth it. Almost.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jojo said...

Minneapolis, huh? That's the big, mysterious city accross the river, right? Hmmm...I really oughta check it out someday...
:^)
Wait a minute...I did actually make it to Electric Fetus recently...maybe there's hope for me yet!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home