Sunday, May 31, 2009

Minneapolis Half

random

runnings
This morning was the Minneapolis Half Marathon. I ran it in 2:05:34. Considering two bathroom breaks and a few ominous hills, I’m not feeling too bad about the time. I’m not getting any faster though and have been trying to figure out why these halves are feeling difficult. I feel like I’ve lost some of my endurance. I don’t doubt this has to do with my slight cavalier attitude towards training lately because of my travels, as well as a need for some good new speed efforts. Next week would start an 18 week training program for the TC Marathon and the first long run, according to the plan we’re using, would be 8 miles. It is 8 weeks before a 13 mile run shows up in the program. I think I need to get more comfortable with the 13 before we increase mileage but I think I can do that in less than 8 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home