Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy and Humbled

random
It was a fairly last minute decision, but I went to the Barber of Seville last night. A season-ticket holding co-worker encouraged me to go after seeing it and considering this production is retiring, I decided to spring for a ticket and not chance rush. And there were indeed few seat choices. The production was entertaining and relaxed but without any degradation to the music. I’ve still only seen a few operas, but it seemed like a production any non-aficionado could enjoy.

runnings
Yesterday’s half was my slowest at 2:06. Considering I wasn’t completely prepared for it, I’m okay with the time. I had moments of wondering how I’d get through the 13.1, so 2:06 really isn’t all that bad! Mile 10 to 11 was the worst. Telling myself I could have a brief reprieve at 11 was what got me to the mile marker. For the first time I walked for a stint during a half marathon. RF and I did walk through some water stops to briefly drink water, but mile 11 wasn’t a water stop. I really didn’t walk long, but it did make the last two miles more than manageable. I feel like experience is what helped me run a half I wasn’t fully prepared for, but it was also humbling. Even if I’ve done multiple halves and now a marathon, distances aren’t always going to be easy. The good news is my knee is actually better than it was mid week. I don’t quite understand how I didn’t end up swollen yesterday but even today my knee is feeling normal. In fact, it’ll be another challenge, but I’m entertaining another half this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home