Sunday, May 10, 2009

Desert Hiking

random
Last week I hiked the desert of Joshua Tree National Park and the mountainous area of Lake Tahoe. I enjoyed both but was more awed by the desert. I’ve never hiked a desert and was immediately impressed by the stunning expanse. Even though we had plenty of water along, as soon as we were out of site of the ranger station I felt as though we owed respect or did not belong there. This may be a bit dramatic and is likely just because it was new to me, but it did make for an enlivening hike.



runnings
I did do some hiking last week, but I didn’t get any runs in. Because of this I was worried yesterday as RF and I tackled 8 miles, but it turned out to be the easiest run I’ve had in some time. Our stimulating conversation helped, but I think the break did also.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that lizard doing to the rock? :-)

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home