Sunday, May 18, 2008

In Sydney

random
I’m making good use of my new camera in Sydney.
The Harbour Bridge:
The big spiders:

runnings
Note to self: Check out the course pre-race and train accordingly. The Sydney Half today was the hardest course I’ve run. I didn’t expect the number or difficulty of the hills. I unofficially ran it in 1:58:41 (chip times aren’t posted yet). This isn’t a great time compared to my other halves, but I’m actually happy with it. Hills are not my thing so this race challenged me and pushed me. I’m also happy I was able to stay under 2 hours with such a challenge just a month after another half marathon.
Over 6000 people finished the race so it was a large event, but I didn’t feel it was well organized. The water stops were minimal, including one which was just Gatorade. At pervious races I’ve done, runners are quickly corralled into lines for water and food (frequently including pizza!) but this time it was by luck we found a glass of water and the line for an orange and a banana. I’m still happy I did the race and am thrilled I completed the challenge. As I continue to travel for races, I’m sure I’ll just find each is run differently.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One says, "well done!" The Ancient One should have warned you that there are a few hills in Sydney! But, well done!

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congragulations sandi! i look forward to seeing more of your photos... :-)

cheers,
pete

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, girl, we miss you here stateside but are thrilled you're having such a great time in Australia! Kudos on your race results and look forward to seeing those pics with your new camera and hearing about your travels when you get back -
Enjoy!! - Barb

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home