Thursday, July 12, 2007

Number One Volunteer City

random
According to the Corporation for National and Community Service, Minneapolis is the number one city for volunteer rate. More that 40% of the Twin Cities population volunteers. Thirty six percent of those volunteering are doing so in religious activities. I hadn’t thought of it as such, but this is where my volunteering falls. For the past several years I have served on my church council. Analysis of the study also state the shorter commute time enjoyed by Minnesotans is a contributing factor to the high amount of Twin Cities volunteers. Although I just commute through town to work, I suppose this short commute partially allows me to go across town to St. Paul for my volunteer activities.

runnings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home