Saturday, April 21, 2007

Repeat Time

random

runnings
I was worried about the predicted high of upper 70s today but as I drove through a thunderstorm on my way to St Cloud I started to wonder about rain and lightning instead. I had told a friend of mine I’d take the rain over the heat and got my wish. At least it was just rain for about the first 4 miles and the lightning was only on the drive up.

I finished in almost the exact same time as last year. I ran the 13.1 miles in 1:54:18. This is 14 seconds slower, but in the scheme of a half marathon, I’d say it is the same time. Plus, I had to tie my shoe twice. I had secretly hoped to beat last years time, but I don’t think I trained as long this year (I should have started earlier, but Belize was a better alternative). Overall I’m happy but always hope for better. Then again I’m finding I frequently come out of a race thinking I should have done better. I was pretty spent and hurting at the end of this one though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home