Sunday, April 15, 2007

Spent

random
I didn’t realize Auto Body Experience was going to be playing at the Eagles Club, as in the service organization. When I arrived Saturday at the address with a friend of mine I think we were both a little surprised. However, I also left surprised. The sound was great and there was a large turn out. Plus, the inviting dance floor was well used. I’ve never been to one of ABE’s gigs in which so many people danced. Their music definitely makes you tap your toes and move in your seat, but I think people frequently want to sit and listen to the creative and fun lyrics. This time the varied crowd at the Eagle got moving to the music on the dance floor. I always enjoy ABE, but I enjoyed the venue as well.

runnings
Thinking I would back off a bit this weekend I just had a goal of a 10 mile run. However, the nice weather and my friends had a different influence on me. Saturday I went for the 10 miles with a friend of mine that also suggested we go for a bike ride afterwards. I was a little disappointed in the run because it wore me out. Considering I expect to run 13.1 next weekend, I would think 10 should be somewhat easy. After our run we did hop on our bikes for close to a 20 mile ride (with a stop for lunch) and I was spent at the end. Knowing I was still able to bike after our run does reinstate some confidence towards the half marathon next weekend. Today another friend phoned me looking for a run and I figured an easy, short run would loosen me up. We went for about 2.5 miles and then it seemed like a good idea to run hills. It was rough, but it went well and felt good. Perhaps I’m more ready than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home