Wednesday, November 08, 2006

No Coffee While Voting

random
Apparently election officials were told to stop serving coffee to voters after the incident at my polling location. This is an excerpt from an article in the Bemidji Pioneer (yeah, first place I found reference after a quick search...)

The coffee spill happened in a precinct at First Christian Church in Minneapolis. The optical scanner was quickly replaced with another unit, Secretary of State Mary Kiffmeyer said.
"Our very Minnesota-nice election judges were serving voters coffee," she said. Though the disruption was minor, election officials were told to stop serving coffee, she said.

runnings
I haven't quick kicked this cold that is stuck in my chest so it is getting hard to motivate myself to run. I think it is making me cranky though.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One is about to crawl into bed after tackling a tedious business issue. The AO is too old to be up this late. But, since the AO deals with computer security, he found the coffee spill an interesting "system availability" anecdote. So...thank you for a great story!

But, the AO doesn't need coffee at this point. He needs a nice, soft bed and a warm blankie.

Night all.

YYYAAAAWWWWNNNNNNN...
SSSTTRRREEETTTCCCCHHHHH
SSSSNNNNOOOORRRREEE

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home