Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Eating With The Queen

random
Apparently the St. Paul Hotel offers etiquette classes and has announced its 2007 schedule. This probably isn’t a bad offering, but I wonder if they take the approach my mother and her mother did: “Could you eat with the queen?” was the question that indicated my sister and I were somehow missing our manners or lacking in etiquette.

runnings
Brisk. Definitely brisk. I keep saying I like cool weather running so I made sure I got out today for a run at noon. It was about 20˚F with a wind-chill of 8˚. I have to say I did enjoy it. But I think my next investment needs to be lined tights.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny! I was just thinking about those "eating with the queen" comments very recently! I specifically remember that when Grandma was especially displeased with our manners, she would announce "you'll never eat with the queen!" I tried the same thing on my kids this past week, and their response was very simple: "But we don't WANT to eat with the queen!" *sigh* I guess that one won't work with this generation.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home