Monday, November 20, 2006

1967 Nicollet Mall

random
I just discovered "This Day in Minnesota History" on the Minnesota Historical Society website. On this date in 1967, Nicollet Mall opened.

runnings
I'm actually a bit upset at myself at the moment. If I really want to train for a race further than 10 miles in January, I should have been out for a long run this past weekend. I didn't get to it. Apparently I chose to be social instead. It isn't a case at all that I don't want to be running, but I'm having trouble refocusing. It's supposed to be warm this week so even if I don't make the training schedule for a race in January, I need to get going again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could start looking into running indoors somewhere not on a treadmill seeing as you're, you know, temperature "sensitive".

I know a lot of people use the metrodome for that, not sure if that is any less boring than a treadmill though.

12:06 PM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

I do like cooler weather for running so hopefully I'll be able to get outside much of the winter. But it is a thought to check out alternatives. Maybe I need running clubs or partners to help my motivation.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home