Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Strike the Run

I considered a run this morning, but somehow ended up getting up 45 minutes after my alarm. Strike the morning run. Even though I rode my bike to work, I packed in running gear to try a run at noon instead. Around noon it seemed like a much better idea to use those running shoes to go for a motorcycle ride (don’t really want to ride in sandals!). Strike the noon run. The motorcycle ride was great, but I felt a brief twinge of guilt as we rode on River Road and passed several runners running the route I had intended to run today. I still had the thought that I could go for a run after work. Well, a coworker of mine had a rough day and needed a beer. Strike the after work run.

Obviously my motivation for running is lacking a bit right now. I ran a half marathon in April and loved it. I loved the accomplishment but even loved the training. Lately, however, it has taken a bit to get motivated to run. My issues have been 1) the weather and 2) nothing to train for. Ok, I can easily take care of point 2 and have signed up for the TC 10 mile, but that's in October. Point 1 has been a bit of a problem. I fell in love with winter running last winter. Especially considering the mild Minnesota winter we had. But now I can't stand being so warm when I run. And with the weather come motorcycle rides and beers on a patio. I think I have some obstacles to overcome this summer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home