Saturday, March 26, 2011

Today's 20

random
Friends are making us dinner tonight so of course we're bringing some wine. These friends really enjoy wine, so while I was at a store Friday I noticed the Wine Monkey and thought it would be a fun way to dress up the bottle of wine and present it as a gift. When I got home and pulled it out, I discovered I had paid $10.95 for a sock! Wow, I was suckered.


runnings
Today's solo 20 actually went well. I had a rough patch between 11 and 15 miles but things picked up at 15. My legs were hanging in there, but I was showing a bit of signs of dehydration. How is it I get dehydrated in the winter? I consumed enough nuun and water and when the painful symptom subsided, I knew I wasn't going to have trouble with the 20. Meeting up with my friend also kept me focused and motivated. I didn't want to be walking when I met him. When I knew he was a mile away at mile 19, I kept moving. And the final mile I also knew he was meeting me again so I ran through it. I don't think running on my own was too much of a problem today. Now just to run another 20 in a few weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home