Thursday, March 08, 2007

Know Where Your Wallet Is

random
At noon today I ran to Surdyk’s for their spring wine sale. (I have to mention Mom and Dad are fans of Haskell’s instead.) I quickly found more bottles than I needed so I made my way to the front to pay, thinking I’d be able to keep my lunch break short. As soon as I was rung up I opened my purse and realized I couldn’t pay. Apparently I’d left my wallet at work. The people at Surdyk’s were kind enough to box my order and place it ‘On Hold’ while I ran back for my wallet. I am sort of wondering why it wasn’t until I was paying, versus being carded, that this happened. I’m a little over 21, but I think I still look card-worthy. Years ago it was Surdyk’s that wouldn’t let me purchase alcohol because my friend with me wasn’t 21. Interesting how your perception of being carded changes over the years.

runnings

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One was recently carded. The Ancient One alternated between being irritated....and shocked. And irritated finally won.

That being said, the Ancient One would have carded you. :)

The Ancient One just isn't ancient...he's wise, too!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home