Thursday, March 01, 2007

Did I Make It?

random

runnings
Last night I was up at midnight to register for the TC 1 Mile. The first 600 registrants will get guaranteed entry to the TC 10 Mile during the Twin Cities Marathon and registration opened today, March 1. While patiently hovering on the TC Marathon website I gave the link a try a few minutes early. Registration was open! I quickly entered my information but I took a minute to verify my information. By that time the server was being hammered. I got several ‘server busy’ errors. Finally, by 12:10 am I got the registration confirmation page. I saw my card charged for the fee and an hour later I received an email from the company handling the race charge. However, I still haven’t gotten any confirmation from TC Marathon. A friend of mine registered around 5 am this morning and received an email saying he made the first 600. So, logic says I’m fine (and that I didn't have to be up at midnight). But I won’t feel comfortable that I'll make the 10 mile until I receive confirmation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home