Monday, January 19, 2009

Random Direction

random
When I stared blogging I wasn’t completely sure of what to blog about except for sharing my experiences in my running. I originally thought the Random portion of my blog would be something more along the lines of issues or happenings in my city, perceiving this to be more appealing than banal ramblings. Well, that has made for an average of 1.2 posts per week lately and most of it as Runnings. Banal has to be more interesting than no post. And more fun.

So….

Tonight I found strange pleasure in eating a grapefruit at 10pm. This was always just a breakfast food when I was growing up. At breakfast we got a little glass of orange juice during the summer and then either when grapefruit become more affordable or orange juice too expensive, I’m not sure which, we switched to a half of grapefruit. I can’t imagine ever asking for grapefruit at another time of year or time of day. It would have been an insolent request. So with a bit of devious pleasure I dug out my serrated spoon and sliced into a grapefruit at 10pm tonight.

runnings

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it was when we could afford grapefruit that we had it!

9:27 AM  
Blogger randomrunnings said...

Huh, so it wasn't the orange juice price after all! Why did we only get a tiny glass of orange juice? :-)

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home