Sunday, February 24, 2008

Camp Onomia

random
Winter time at Camp Onomia.



runnings
This weekend I learned what an LSD, or Long Slow Distance, can be. For the past few years I’ve enjoyed a run out in the country during the weekend I’ve spent at Camp Onomia. This year I ran it with a friend of mine that is a little slower. The goal was 8 or 9 miles, but I kept going for 10. Not only was it great weather and a beautiful change in scenery, but the pace was such that I was motivated to keep going after dropping my friend off at our starting point.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Ancient One visited the Onamia camp about 100 yrs ago. As he recalls, almost the entire group of little campers ended up with swimmers itch. That was the last time this big toe touched the water in Onamia.
But, it was a beautiful place.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home