Sunday, January 27, 2008

What A Run Can Do

random

runnings
I forget what running can do for me. I haven’t run for almost two and a half weeks. During that time it has been unpleasantly cold outside, I’ve had a persistent cough, work has been extraordinarily busy, and life in general has thrown a few lemons my way. I’m not offering these up as excuses. I’m disappointed I haven’t been running. However, today so much of this list was gone from my mind during my run. I ran about an hour, twice as much as I set out to do. The run felt so good that I had to keep going. The weather was balmy, I realized I hadn’t fallen as far off my running as I thought, and I just felt good about myself and life in general. So, maybe it isn’t a new year’s resolution, but I need to refocus and keep my demeanor up… and running.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the balmy weather, and your run, tomorrow! The artic air is coming back MUCH too soon.
BTW, Seattle is a bit chilly, too!
The Ancient One

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home