Sunday, December 09, 2007

I Like Mild Winter Running

random

runnings
I’ve been known to say I like winter running. This winter I’m learning I need to clarify that statement. I like winter running in the mild winters we’ve had the last couple years. I’m still getting out there, but I’m not enjoying it quite as much. For example, this weekend I found myself frustrated after my run Saturday. I wanted to do a longer run, but the -7° F wind chill prevented me. I layered my tights, put on several top layers and a balaclava, but my eyelashes were frozen within a few minutes and my balaclava would freeze whenever I pulled it down from my mouth. While I feel I can run at that temperature, I just don’t feel like I can sustain it for a long run. While invigorated, I came back from my run Saturday wanting more of a workout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home