Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dreaming of Big Sur

random

runnings
I’ve started to dream about the upcoming Big Sur Half Marathon. Last night I dreamed I was running the race and finished it thinking it was easier than I thought it would be. I was at the finish trying to figure out what my chip time was. I had my time from when the gun went off, but I couldn’t find out my chip time, or the time from when I actually crossed the start to the time I crossed the finish. I think this dream stemmed not only from thinking a lot about the race, but because I recently found some information that leads me to believe the course may not be as hilly as I think. I had also told myself I would not run for time considering this unknown challenge. From this dream it looks like I’m having a hard time telling myself not to worry about time.

1 Comments:

Blogger trijules said...

Hey Random,
Sounds like one of those old 'before the first day of school' dreams! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there's Blog option set up on both the Big Sur Marathon and Half Marathon sites (www.bsim.org) as well as forums to discuss race issues with other runners. Have fun with it and keep dreaming (big)!

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home