Sunday, September 09, 2007

Mental Challenge

random

runnings
Today I went for an 8 mile run with my friend I’m training for the 10 mile with. We ran Lake Calhoun and Lake Harriet and needed about another mile to make 8. We continued around Calhoun a little farther with the idea we’d turn around and come back to our starting point. While I’ve already hit 8 miles before in my training runs, this run presented a new mental challenge. Going past our start point and running to turn around and come back just made me think about how far I had left to go to just turn around and go back. Physically I was doing okay, but I started to feel a negative attitude. I was already at a point where I was fatigued and thinking about finishing. My friend and I agreed that next time we run a route that we need to add mileage to, it needs to happen in the middle.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless the building is on fire, the Ancient One isn't running anywhere. Even then, a fast walk might be sufficient!

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home